Followers

Search This Blog

JOM LAYAN " OMBAK RINDU".

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fly to KLIA with ERL

I love travelling,even if it means setting up my own trip; which was precisely what I did last year, Taiwan,Singapore and Thailand back to back in a duration of two weeks. From my perspective about what I love about travelling would be the journey and how we always take note about every little detail even from the moment we step up the bus, step on to the plane or even camwhoring in the toilet! Thats what most people do,they want to experience and capture every little piece of detail.

However, its always a hassle for myself to get my parents or the Keeper to send me off to the airport; because most taxi fares charge up to a flat rate of RM50-RM60 from my place. Its crazy,and there really is nothing fascinating about the journey from home to the airport in either KLIA or LCCT. My views about travelling to the airport changed entirely after realizing that there is an alternative way to get to the airport; saving time, money and I have an option to check in earlier! :)

To be very honest, I haven’t exactly been aware of this service until last Monday when we were taken on a trip to get an inside view of how the operation works and to share all about it here with you. We can do it all differently now with KLIA Ekspres!

One thing which I’ve noticed about using this alternative method of using the KLIA Ekspres would be how I am able to check in directly before boarding the train; and that is it! Meaning instead of having to do it all at KLIA airport which requires you to check in 2 hours before flight; here’s an option! :razz:

With three different ticketing counters:

  • KL City Air Terminal (KL Sentral) Departure Hall
  • KLIA Internation Hall (after immigration, near luggage claim)
  • KLIA Satellite Terminal (near aero train)

Counters for these airlines:

  • Malaysian Airlines (MH)
  • Cathay Pacific (CX)
  • Emirates (EK)
  • Brunei Airlines (BI)

Thats the initial part before you get onto the KLIA Ekspres, come on board with me now! :razz:

Hanie & myself goofing around; this was a candid shot I think.

I’m pretty sure we had way more pictures of us either trying to get a good view of Putrajaya, and I would say that the 28 minutes journey didn’t seem as long as the figure shows probably because of the amount of things you get to observe while on board. The thought of travelling by vehicles at 1pm on a Monday; I think we’ve put time incredibly into good use. You don’t want to get up the plane feeling all bummed out; well at least I wouldn’t want to! :|

One of the most important concern about taking the KLIA Ekpress checking in earlier at KL Sentral instead of KLIA would be if the luggages would go missing or matters like such. According to the them, there hasn’t been a single case of luggages going missing and I’m about to show you why.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjKQET433ZkyqYREk_TgzCsmoSCgPIq817iODi8OCi319kSx08zqXD5m0eHaGFzkDLvHRpsbd6s7Rjxm9DEt6BPCmJ1AHr4LXOpFyw5K4IZfI5jTrwwaE24tI2aivcpo5OAA3FzIq0A8GA/s1600/DSC_7773.JPG




Not gonna take you any further,because at this point you should probably be up on the plane. :) The overall experience was very light and easy despite the fact that we had the chance to go behind the scenes, it still maintains the same environment. The 28 minutes train ride on the KLIA Ekspres was clearly a quicker, more time efficient because you can check-in at KL Sentral still being able to eat or shop around the area before boarding the train. :) Massive plus point!

No comments:

Post a Comment